The fab 5 that keeps me going...

The fab 5 that keeps me going...
One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade. ~ Chinese Proverb

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Giving Thanks...

There are times when I sit down with pen to paper (really keys to computer) and I'm at a loss for words. And other times (if you have read some previous posts), my heart spills out on the pages. I also make it a somewhat standing policy to not engage in political discussions. Some of those things are better left unsaid.

This I know:

* The neighbors that have so generously made our One Can A Week a super-success the past 4 months are FANTASTIC PEOPLE! I really 'heart' you all! There is not one of you that I wouldn't readily open my door to with open arms, and I do hope you take me up on it!

* Your encouragement was/is absolutely incredible. The notes you left, the smiles you flashed and the little shouts of encouragement on Sundays kept me going! And none of this could have happened without YOU!

* You are the 'unique and special ones'. You see the good in giving.

* Past two weeks collectively: 168 lbs.!


* About 54 homes in 4 months, you have donated a total of 979 lbs. of food, 10 lbs. of non-food items and $50.00.


* Life is Good. Really Good. Have a Fabulous Thanksgiving! And know, that there will be food on the tables of many families because of YOU!!!



Hope to see you ALL and your families

at Tahoe Park in Catalina Vista for our

"Party in the Park!"


Sunday, December 6th

12:30pm-2:30pm

Lunch/beverages will be provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment