The fab 5 that keeps me going...

The fab 5 that keeps me going...
One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade. ~ Chinese Proverb

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Beginning...

I started my rounds today, visiting 16 homes. Several people weren't home (or didn't want to answer the door to a stranger standing outside ~ although I'd like to hope I am pretty non-threatening). I did get about 5 homes to participate for next Sunday ~ a good start.

On my way home, I phoned Peter (Miles neighborhood, one can a week) who completely understands every nuance of going door-to-door calling on people to do something good. It is definitely nerve wracking to walk up to a door trying to explain that I'm not selling anything and that I'm going to do all the work ~ they just need to want to participate for the betterment of our community.

I feel encouraged by some that invitingly asked me into their home while I explained the program, and gave big shouts of "so glad someone is doing something good!" when in fact, I am just the messenger. It is each neighbor, each individual with just one can.

Just one.

It makes a difference.

YOU make a difference!

See you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment